The Gantt Chart Excel timeline includes Gantt bars and other colored shapes representing…
- Estimated Duration bar color
- Task Percentage Complete overlay bar color
- Baseline Duration bar color (turned off by default)
- Actual Duration bar color (turned off by default)
- Dependency Connector color
- Today(s) date Indicator color
- Task Border color
Default colors can be changed across the sheet by clicking on the Settings button in the Gantt tab.
You can double-click the default colors to any color of your choice and click the Update button.
The timeline will instantly update the default colors of all tasks with the newly selected colors.
Changing Colors of Individual Bars and Milestones
You can also change the color of each individual bar or milestone marker
- To do this, click on the Settings button in the Gantt tab within the excel ribbon and select the Columns tab.
- Un-hide the columns “Bar Color” & “% Color” and close the settings popup.
- Two new columns will show up in the timeline. Double click each cell to change the color of the gantt/ percentage bar.
Note: You can also multi-select the cells, Use the “Fill” option in the Home tab of Excel and then right-click in the grid and select Redraw Timeline. This will update all the Gantt bars instantly.