Quick Start Guide – Gantt Chart Excel
1. Download and Save the file to your my documents/ desktop folder. Open the file and Enable Macros
2. Click on the Add Gantt chart button, enter project details and click the Ok button
3. Instantly, a new Gantt chart worksheet with a timeline is created for you! A new task is also added by default so that it is easy for you to get started.
4. You can just type in the grid to create new tasks. WBS automatically updates. You can also double-click the task to open it in the form view.
5. You can also use the Add buttons in the Gantt tab to add sections and tasks. This feature is helpful to insert tasks at selection or under selection.
From here you can easily customize the Gantt chart, adding milestones, task dependencies, changing timeline colors, and adding various details like percent , costs etc… With some tweaks, you can create a timeline that’s sure to impress.