In project management, resources are required to carry out the project tasks. They can be people, equipment, facilities, funding, etc. required for the completion of a project activity.
Gantt Excel automatically calculates end dates for tasks based on resource holidays/ workdays.
If a resource is not assigned to a task then the Organization workdays and holidays are used to determine end dates.
Note: If two or more resources are assigned to a task then the automation will use the Organization holidays and workdays to determine the end date.
Resources in Gantt Excel
You can manage resources in Gantt Excel in the Resource Form. Click on the Resources button in the Gantt menu to open the Resource Form.
1 – To add a resource, type in the text box below the Resource List and then click the Add button.
2. You can also import resources by clicking on the Import Resources button.
1 – You can select the Resource from the Resource List and select the workdays.
2 – Click on the Save button once you’ve selected the workdays.
All tasks will then use the selected workdays to calculate end dates.
- If a resource is not assigned to a task then the Organization workdays will be used.
You can select the Resource from the Resource List and then add Holidays. All tasks will then use the holidays to calculate end dates.
- To add a holiday first select a Resource.
- Click on the D button next to the Start Date and then select the Start Date of the Holiday.
- The End Date will automatically be set to the Start Date of the Holiday.
- Type the holiday name in the Holiday Name field.
- Click on the Add Holiday button
- The holiday will be added to the Holiday List.
- You can select a different End Date compared to the start date to add a range of holidays for eg. Christmas Holidays from 23rd December to 28th December.
- Check the +Organization Holidays checkbox to include the Organization’s holidays in the date calculations.
- Click on the Save button once you’ve added all holidays.
You can click on the Import Holidays button to import a list of holidays from another excel file.
Please ensure that the Holiday Dates are in Column A and Holiday Names are in Column B (without any headers)
Select the holiday and then click the Delete Holiday button to delete the holiday.
Clear Holiday List
Click on the Clear Holiday List button and that will clear all the holidays from the Holiday List.